Wednesday, August 9, 2017

On the Road :: Stage 1 Gallery, Albany NY



I'm back with another episode of "On the Road" 






This time we travelled to Albany NY to attend the Upstate Artists Guild Member Art Show!   


As many communities do, Albany holds a First Friday event. They have a nice lineup of events including visits to galleries and shops, great restaurants plus a wine bar. There are even after-events, like swing dancing! If you like you can ride the free shuttle bus!


We took the one and a half hour trip down to attend the opening reception of the  Upstate Artists Guild’s member art show at Stage 1 Gallery .  




46 N Swan St. Albany NY


Stage 1 Gallery, located on North Swan Street,
is owned by the Albany Barn; they sponsor
First Friday events and generously hosted the UAG art show in their gallery.

I am a new member of UAG and this was my first show in the Albany area. I brought down two of my recent abstracts to include in the member show. 

"The Eyes Have It"  (2017)
by Shelley Graham Turner
20x20 mixed media on Canvas






You’ve seen “The Eyes Have It”. I entered it into Munson-Williams-Proctor’s annual Sidewalk Art Show last month. Since it won an award I figured I should show it in the Albany area as well.  



"State of the ARTist" (2017)
by Shelley Graham Turner
12x12 acrylic on canvas




 My second piece, “State of the ARTist”.  




Both works are available. I am also working on offering prints. Contact me directly if you are interested in either piece. 

Beyond my e-mails with UAG Vice President, Rebecca Schoonmaker, I had never met any of the UAG members. I wish we could have stayed longer because I know I would have enjoyed  hanging out afterwards with them.

They are a VERY talented bunch. Here is just a selection of their work - 

1 "Pretty Broken Flowers" by Rebecca Schoonmaker  2 "the more you give the more you have" by Thomasa Nielsen
5 "The New Plague" by Matt Ramsey 6 "Imperfection Study 1" by Tom Corrado
7 "Night Sweats" by Ward Capeci  8 "Angel II" by Valarie Wolf
9 "Darkness" by Christoph Speenburgh 10 "Forest Formal" by Gary Masline

  1. "Pretty Broken Flowers" by Rebecca Schoonmaker
  2. "the more you give the more you have" by Thomasa Nielsen
  3. "Loki" by Margo Singer
  4. "Matching Pink" by Timothy Reidy
  5. "The New Plague" by Matt Ramsey
  6. "Imperfection Study 1" by Tom Corrado
  7. "Night Sweats" by Ward Capeci
  8. "Angel II" by Valarie Wolf
  9. "Darkness" by Christoph Speenburgh
  10. "Forest Formal" by Gary Masline




The show is on exhibit until September 21st so if you get a chance to go by the gallery, GO! I promise it will be well worth the trip! 















No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...