Saturday, July 14, 2012

Jenny Made Me Some Soup!

Bead Soup Blog Party

It's finally arrived. My soup made by Jenny Vinberg and just for me!




Here is the bowl which I had anticipated 
pouring my soup into before digging in...






But when I opened my package I realized this bowl would just not do.. so I found something much more fitting for the glorious soup....








What were my first impressions besides Oh and Ahh? These morsels are delicate, dainty, scrumptious...and totally not me. But I am up for the challenge, that's what BSBP is all about, right? And as we all have learned  it's when we venture out of our comfort zone that we really live! So I will try to do these delicate pieces justice.  




 
Czech glass and lampwork beads from Luxemburg and lace from Krylbo
Rose quartz and freshwater pearls
Shell focal flower
Copper clasp and butterfly beads


                                                                           


Here is a elegant necklace that Jenny sent along as a gift - THANK YOU Jenny, its precious!


   
Designed by Jenny Vinberg


And a little more about my BSBP partner and new friend, Jenny Vinberg -  

Jenny is from Sweden (which is NOT Belgium!) She is a teacher(Lärare)at a technical/vocational school (from what I can gather using Bing to translate from Svenska). She was born the year I graduated high school! Her fiance, Daniel, and she have two beautiful daughters, Joline and Miranda. She seems to love things that are pink, shimmery, delicate, floral and copper. 












  

8 comments:

AntiquityTravelers said...

Nice soup! Have fun with all that pink!!

Marian Hertzog said...

That is some pretty soup! Have fun with it!

Unknown said...

Yeah right. I am not really a pink girl but for Jenny I will try my best! They are even prettier in person.

I love that bracelet you made your friend, breathtaking.

A Polymer Penchant said...

Thank goodness you got that soup! But it sure was worth the wait. It makes me think delicate look too...but maybe you can go really left field and do something with high contrast. (I've started designing in my mind with others soup as I eagerly await mine :p)

Perri www.ShaktipajDesigns.etsy.com said...

The wait was worth it, Shelley! Pink is my personal challenge color, too - I can't wait to see what you do with it - but beware - it *will* grow on you. It might not be now, or any time soon, or even in the same shade, tone, or hue - but it will manifest itself. There is lots to love about any color. ;^)

Unknown said...

You know you are probably right, it is already growing on me. I love those rose quartz flowers!

Unknown said...

Well, I AM glad it finally arrived, and hope yours get there soon! It sounds like designing comes easily to you - no so with me! I struggle and second guess myself over and over and over...until I just run out of time! hahaha

Unknown said...

Marian, I love that tin you received your beads in, and the way you displayed them with the birds was precious! OH and the beads, those are nice too hahhahah... I love to view ppls presentations and displays...always so original!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...