Friday, June 6, 2014

Well, it's official...


It's official! 



My OFFICIAL middle name is TEXTURE! 


I always knew I was a visual being...I can NOT express myself very well with words, but visually, YES! THEN I am in my happy place! You add in TEXTURE, and hell, I am over.the. moon. (!!!)

I always thought TEXTURE meant 3D, something which could be actually touched and felt, but NO -


According to wikipedia,
 "In the visual arts, texture is the perceived surface quality of a work of art. It is an element of two-dimensional and three-dimensional design and is distinguished by its perceived visual and physical properties. Use of texture, along with other elements of design, can convey a variety of messages and emotions."                             http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texture_(visual_arts)


I am ALL about emotion, but you knew that.(My use of million exclamation marks in my writing might be a dead giveaway!) As an artist I definitely want to express that emotion in my art, whatever the medium.



Did you know you didn't need layers of different mediums to achieve a great textured background? Check out how artist Dyan Reaveley adds texture to her backgrounds -





Texture adds interest. 
       Texture adds dimension. 
                  Texture adds life!


2 comments:

ZenithJade said...

Texture is wonderful stuff! :) And I think it's a great new middle name. Hehehehe. ;)

~Andrea

orneryswife said...

My middle name is Tape! ��

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...