Sunday, June 22, 2014

"Love Within"

I tried my hand at the photo transfer process using gel medium. It didn't work the way it was supposed to and I know it's because I didn't wait long enough for it to process. I am so impatient!


What I ended up with was a very faint photo but I hate to waste anything so I decided to make it into a very special piece for my daughter, Jackie. I owed her something for her new place.










This is the picture I tried to transfer. It a picture of my sister, Jill.



Here is a video of the making of the canvas.




                            LOVE WITHIN  http://youtu.be/thBv6osaw9o   

I know people might think it's wrong to cover the photo but I decided I wanted to make a mixed media piece about Jill but put our love and emotions WITHIN the art. Almost hidden.

When people looked at the piece they would see an abstract - but those of us who loved her and knew how it was made would FEEL the LOVE within it.


























No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...