Here's a look at my Day 27: Mixed Media Postcard
Materials Used: Gesso, acrylic paints, hand carved rubber stamp, paper towel (quote), matte medium, Neo-Color II crayons, glossy Mod Podge.
Today I have a step-by-step for you.
1. I created a background using three layers of acrylic paint, applied in a wash, each time a darker shade of blue. I allowed the first two layers to dry but when I added the last layer (the darkest shade) I immediately sprayed it with water and then used a baby wipe to remove some of the layers. After it dried I stamped (hand carved leaf) in white and light green acrylic paint.
2. Taking the quote size into consideration I cut a hole in the center of the paper using a utility knife.
3. Using a small piece of paper I painted in green I taped it to the back of the card. I then added the quote inside, using the matte medium.
4. With my sewing machine I zigzagged around the perimeter of the hole I had created, using different sizes for added interest. I sealed the stitching with matte medium.
5. I added the ochre crayon to the quote and randomly around the card. I sealed the whole card with the glossy Mod Podge to finish it off.
I know you've seen a few of my postcards with this quote - it's one of my very favorites!