Thursday, December 18, 2014

Coming in January: CREATE. SHARE. INSPIRE.

 I'm issuing a challenge to you - JOIN Me!




CREATE. 

      SHARE. 
         INSPIRE.

It's what we do - whether you call yourself an artist, crafter or artisan. 


Isn't that why we blog, post our videos to YouTube and chat on Facebook? We join online groups to find like-minded folks. In doing so we end up building our own little art community.

I belong to a couple groups (I use the term 'couple' but in fact it's quite a few!) I have found that many of my friends, like me, play in more than one creative field. We like working in many different mediums.  Some of my friends are on Facebook, others blog, and still others hangout on Youtube. I wanted to find a way to get all my friends together. That's when I came up with the idea of throwing a little on-line party - a challenge of sorts.

I am sending out this invitation to you -

Here's how it will work:
  •  Beginning on January 1st, and every Thursday in January, I will post a winter-themed prompt. (might be a photo, quote or just a color palette)
  • Based on that week's prompt, you will CREATE something in your choice of creative field or medium. You can even change up from week to week (this week mixed media, next week jewelry design..you get the idea).
  •  The following Tuesday (and every Tuesday thereafter) you will SHARE your creation by linking up on my blog (more on that later). You can link up to your photo, blog post or video. Whichever - it's totally your choice.
  • Stop by my blog, click on the other links and meet new friends. I have no doubt your work will INSPIRE others and who knows, you might even be inspired to try your hand at something new! (Oh, AND you might gain another follower or subscriber too!)
Here is how you sign up:
1. Leave a comment below.
2. Request to join my new Facebook group,  CLICK HERE.
I created this group for you! A place to bring together all my creative friends and followers. Think of it as our own art cafe, a place where we can get to know one another, share our work, ask questions, or just shoot the breeze. So join in, introduce yourself and let us know about your creative journey.
If you are not on Facebook then email me with your name and the best place to connect with you.  I don't want you to miss future updates or instructions.
So, are you up for this wintery challenge? Come along, join me and let's start the New Year off right!
  
(ps: more news to tell but can't spill the beans just yet. YOU will be the first to know. LOL)

9 comments:

ART JUNKIE said...

sounds like fun and Thursday is one of my art days so its works perfect for me. :} Thanks for hosting this great little challenge. Shannon

Unknown said...

I"ll give this a go! :)

Kelli Nelson said...

This sounds fun Shelley, It will give me a reason to try some of the crafty things I have been putting off!! Besides you are a GREAT host!!!!

Beti Horvath said...

I'll post again, since my comment was inadvertently deleted. I love this idea! I'm just ending a two year long photo challenge, and this is a great way to branch out on my blog!

Ode to Paper said...

OOOO, count me in Shelley!

Deelitful Boudoir Photography said...

Count me in! I think my first comment didn't post. Or did it?

Chelle said...

I think I am going to join in...

Unknown said...

All the way in ;)

Pookledo said...

Ooh. I'm in! And temporarily out of blog retirement too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...