Sunday, October 28, 2012

Octoberfest!

Octoberfest!  ... and it's RITA's birthday too!


Octoberfest is being hosted by Rita of Jewel School Friends.

I love autumn. I love the colors, the textures and the smells.

I am visiting my sister in Central New York and it is one of the most beautiful places to be in the fall. The leaves are out in all their glory. There are all kinds of fun activities happening around town. Corn stalks and pumpkins on the porch! Scarecrows on the lawn. The aroma of cinnamon and apples! YUMMY!

I love yellow and orange mixed with copper - so to celebrate the season I created these earrings.



Lampwork beads made by Johanna Stephenson of Canyon Echoes
and the copper polymer charms were made by me!
 





 


Here's a little treat to make at your house -    
   
The recipe made with butternut squash
is from Family Fun magazine

Thank you Rita for hosting Octoberfest...and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

 

 Follow the Octoberfest Hop...
 
 
Shelley Graham Turner  YOU ARE HERE!
Lennis Carrier http://www.windbent.net
 
Host - Toltec Jewels http://www.JewelSchoolFriends.com
 

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet earrings, Shelley - love the charms you made!

Skye said...

Love the earrings :) ... not so much the idea of pumpkin pie popsicles, though >.< lol Not sure I'm brave enough to check that recipe out ;)

dreaminofbeads / SAS Jewelry Designs said...

I love all the beautiful colors of changing leaves too. The smells that happen now and thru Christmas are soooo amazing! Your earrings are great. I love the Halloween birthday pics you found for Rita. Have fun in New York with your Sister.
Sonya

Alicia said...

The Birthday pumpkin is glorious! I am sure Rita will love it ;)
And your earrings are simply delicious, absolutely lovely charms!

Marita said...

Wau! So beautiful earrings!

JeannieK said...

Oh the earrings scream Autumn and the polymer clay charm are uber cool. Have fun with your sister.

Chelle said...

Those earrings would go great with my Giants shirt :)
lol
Sorry I have baseball on my brain these days...

Neat recipe. I have not tried to make pop sickles like that.

Shai Williams said...

I just love your earrings. I think that one of my favorite things about this season is the colors and your earrings certainly reflect some of them.

TJewellicious by tanti said...

lovely earrings..! love it..! :)

baymoondesign said...

Lovely earrings and fun recipe!

Unknown said...

Cool earrings, I will make the popsicles and we like to simmer apples w/cinnamon on the stovetop-yummy. I had to take Rita to ER. She will comment asap.thanks, Lee

TanyaMcGuire said...

Love the earrings not too sure about the popsicles. Course it is too cold to think about that kind of treat right now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...