Monday, January 9, 2017

PAINTING #5: Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days Challenge – Lee Krasner


I am taking part in Leslie Saeta’s “ Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days Challenge”.
I have chosen the NEW YORK SCHOOL as my theme.  CLICK HERE to learn more about it. Each of my paintings will be inspired by a quote of one of it’s member artists.




Painting 5, I call it "Alone Time Flow":

“I need to be alone for certain periods of time
       or I violate my own rhythm.” 

                                  ~ Lee Krasner, Member of the New York School


Detailed photos

I can relate. I can’t paint unless I am alone. The ideas won’t flow unless I’m by myself. The way my mind works, I tire when I have too much conversation or movement around me. It zaps my energy and with it my creativity. I’ve been known to disappear from a gathering because I MUST get by myself and recharge. I start out fine but soon I need to go back into my shell. Anyone who doesn’t know me probably thinks I am anti-social.
I think I am a bit of an introvert.
But then other times I am an extrovert.
I’m just a weirdo.

                                                      
Lee Krasner (1908-1984) was an American abstract expressionist , born in Brooklyn, NY. She is one of the few female artists to have had a retrospective show at the Museum of Modern Art. She worked in painting, collage painting, charcoal drawing, and occasionally mosaics. She would often cut apart her own drawings and paintings to create her collage paintings. She also commonly revised or completely destroyed an entire series of works due to her critical nature. As a result, her surviving body of work is relatively small. 1

 
White Squares by Lee Krasner (1948)

  

Sources and great reads:
    
1.    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Krasner
3.   https://www.artsy.net/artist/lee-krasner




I hope you will join in, you can jump in at any time. I'd love to see what you create!

As Leslie says,It's about getting in to the studio to try new things. It's about painting more often. It's about having fun and developing new habits!”

If you want to join in just visit her website where she explains everything! #30paintingsin30days







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...