Monday, September 24, 2012

PLAY DATE artist : Rita of Toltec Jewels



 
 
Today is my first play date! Today's playmate is Rita of Toltec Jewels. 
 
Play Date artist (PDa) is a new feature here on my blog.  I send out a package to my playmate which includes some of my handmade components (beads, charms and/or focals) along with a few coordinating beads and findings. My playmate and I will both create a piece of jewelry using those same select components plus some of our own stash.




Here's what I sent to Rita -
 
 
The palette I sent is one I absolutely love, purple and lime green. I love how the colors pop when placed side by side (in fact, I am painting my new studio space with these colors!) The larger purple polymer beads are part of my SILLY RABBIT series.
 
I make them in vivid colors and they remind me of one of my favorite childhood cereals - TWIX! 
My "Silly Rabbit" Beads


 
I like to make bracelets so I set off to try a technique I haven't tried before - a triple row beaded wrap bracelet. I really like the way it turned out!
 
 

 





 
 
 
Now a little about my playmate, Rita of Toltec Jewels. Rita is an encourager and an inspiration. She's just one of those people who always finds a way to offer a kind word and put a positive spin on a situation. THAT is a gift! I feel blessed to call Rita a friend.
 
So come with me and see what Rita did with her bead mix - CLICK HERE!
 

READ Rita also took part in our Holiday Bling Blog Hop as well as What's in a Name Blog Hop! We are getting verrrry chummy!
 
Please be sure to tune in next time for another episode of PDa! 
 
 
 
 
 


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it Shelley! That color combo...WOW! I'm off to see what Miss Rita has in store for these lovely beads.

Lori Anderson said...

Cool!

Unknown said...

Well look at you doin' macrame!! Love it & the colors are great!!

MirandAck said...

Love the colors, and the beads. The texture of the polymer beads is really awesome. Very organic.

Anonymous said...

Awesome post, Shelley! Trix was one of my favorite cereals also! Your beads look just like it. So honored to be a future Play date pal with you.

Unknown said...

This is another one of your super ideas. I adore the concept, the chance to see what two artists will do with the same starting points, and your incredible beads. Am so in love with your Silly Rabbits! Great job Shelley!!! P.S. Love ya too!

Toltec Jewels for Jewel School Friends said...

Shelly,

Wow, your bracelet is so well done and beautiful, and I love the colors -- perfect for new studio colors too. I can't believe it is your first triple row macrame! You are very good! :) Your bracelet is pretty and chic, and a very popular cool style -- I love it! And I love you!! You ALWAYS inspire me your amazing art jewelry, energy and leadership -- I admire how you are constantly creating and making beauty in the world, always doing -- creative and energetic rooms, rich jewelry, super fun blog hops, a lovely family, celebrating friends and honoring artists in the community. thank you for giving me the opportunity to create with you as your play date artist! It's fun to be a part of your blog and to create with your art beads -- I completely love my Silly Rabbit beads! Thank you my friend :) xxoo

Shirley said...

Those are definitely some of my favorite colors! Full of life, and making you happy. Really like that bracelet!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...