Saturday, December 15, 2012

REVEAL DAY: Holiday Bling Blog Hop 2 - THE SEQUEL!



Its here, REVEAL DAY for our second round of Holiday Bling Blog Hop (or HBBH2) which I am hosting along with my partner in crime, Marlene Cupo of Amazing Designs.
 

We had such a nice time during our first HBBH that we answered the cries of those who missed out and decided on a second round.

Here's how it worked:  Those who signed up to participate were partnered up. Partners then decided what they'd exchange – could be handmade ornaments, jewelry, decor, whatever – it just had to be Holiday themed

I decided to take on two partners and had a great time creating with each of their styles in mind -

FIRST up, Tiffany Goff Smith from Southern Gals Design. We e-mailed back and forth and shared our pinterests and other online spaces to get a feel for each other's style. We ultimately decided to make each other earrings. She told me she liked vintage, red and silver. Hmmm...

I always second guess EVERYTHING I do (right Marlene?!) so I hemmed and hawwed before finally sending these off to her -



This is the vintage and silver set. Vintage antiqued silver Santas and a cute little czech star bead and a snowflake to add some bling at the top!


 
 
...pretty red crystals with a pearl touch, wrapped in silver bead caps! Dainty and more formal.












PLUS I sent a little extra something, its a simple ornament, but I think its cute! 

I love the gifts she created for me! Want to see what she sent me? Check out her blog CLICK HERE!









Second up, Anitra Gordy Boyers of LeeLu Creations. We decided on ornaments with snowmen as our theme.


I saw this little guy somewhere along my travels in cyberspace so I recreated him. He was fun to make. I made him out of polymer clay. For his body I wrapped clay around some aluminum-foil balls. Then I added his clay nose  (which got smooshed in baking so he has a little Jimmy Durant-look!), buttons and arms out of twisted wire. After baking and a few touchups with the paint (I can never work with white clay, I always mess it up!), I added the christmas bulb garland. I like him, I hope Anitra does too! Check out her blog by CLICKING HERE.

 I am repeating myself , but it's so worth repeating when I say...

Do you feel left out? Well, we can't have that! St Nick is joining in the fun and will be giving out gifts to TWO randomly-picked HBBH participants. BUT in addition, ONE lucky blog reader will also be receiving a gift. To enter just leave a comment below. When you comment, make sure your email is attached, or add it to your comment. Winners will be chosen and announced here on December 29th, so come on back!

 
Now GO, look at what everyone made and exchanged... see the Holiday Bling exchanges between the rest of our party guest follow these links -

Shirley Moore
Lori Bowring Michaud
Catherine King
Dyanne Cantrell 
Sonya Stille
Elaine Ray
Gina Hockett
Jo-Ann Woolverton
Debbie Rasmussen
Renetha Stanziano
Ginger Bishop
Miranda Ackerley
Sandra McGriff
Tammie Everly
Alicia Marinache
Melinda Abrahamson
Rita/ Toltec Jewels
Chandra Merod
Mary Govaars
Kelley Fogel
Tiffany Goff Smith
Heather Rats Otto
Anitra Gordy Boyers
Marlene Cupo




 

14 comments:

Skye said...

Huh...O.o never thought of us both working on the same theme like that... lol I LOVE your Jimmy Durante snowman :) He is so cute! lol

Lori Bowring Michaud said...

Shelley, a huge thanks to you and Marlene for hosting such a fun swap! I've thoroughly enjoyed it both times (and have had wonderful swap partners)! Your swap partners are lucky gals!

Toltec Jewels for Jewel School Friends said...

Your earrings are lovely both the vintage silver and red Holiday bling!! I love your clay snowman!! Adorable holding the string of lights :) So sweet. And your handcrafted soutache ornament is lovely!! I got a handcrafted soutache Christmas card -- so neat!!

Merry Christmas,
Rita

Shirley Moore said...

Ms. Shelley, I had just as much fun this time as the first! I definitely think you need to make this an annual event! That snowman is just all kinds of cute, with his little garland! I do love the earrings, but I think my fav is that cute ball ornament with the curled papers in it. Great job woman!!!

Alicia said...

All your pieces are beautiful! Your Frosty is a very cute snowman :) Love them all - I will check your gifts next!

Heather said...

LOVE those cute Santa earrings!And your ornaments are awesome. That vintage-y snowman is too cute!!

Freestyle Elements said...

Thank you, Shelley, for hosting this great bloghop, I was proud to be a participant for both. Love the antique silver Santas, as a Santa collector, I would wear them all the time!

Marlene Cupo said...

Another fun one for all! Great job partner, cuz, sis!

Tiffany Smith said...

Thanks Shelley for hosting this hop it was great fun, I love the earrings you sent me.

Ginger Bishop said...

Thanks for doing this for all of us. I love the red earrings and the snowman is so much better for having a nontraditional nose.

Tammie said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those earrings and PC snowman Miss Shelley~ I'm envious!
Thanks for hosting, this was so fun & I have yet another new artist friend in Ginger. Thanks for introducing us :-)

Kepi said...

Love the earrings both pairs the ornament is adorable and the snowman is so cute. Thanks for hosting such a fun event you and Marlene rock!

Dyanne said...

I love all those Holiday earrings! And the snowman ornament is adorable!! Thanks for hosting the HBBH II. It was so much fun. Include me in the next hop too!!

Angi said...

I love your pretties! You did a great job on the earrings and the ornaments! BEAUTIFUL!!!

Angi Mullis dj2isme@aol.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...